ALE AGUIRRE DVM, DACVIMDepartment
- Biology and Anthropology, Stanford University
- Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University
- Small Animal Rotating Internship, University of Missouri
- Small Animal Internal Medicine Residency, Cornell University
- Sabbatical, Mayo Clinic
- Sabbatical, Phoenix Children’s Hospital
Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (DACVIM)
- Editor and Contributor, Small Animal Internal Medicine for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses
- Contributor, Diseases of the Gallbladder and Extrahepatic Biliary System, Textbook of Veterinary Internal Medicine, Seventh & Eighth Editions
- Chronic Liver Disease, Clinicians Brief
- Gallbladder disease in Shetland Sheepdogs, Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association
Ale Aguirre DVM, DACVIM is an Internal Medicine Specialist and the owner of Salt River Veterinary Specialists. Dr. Aguirre spent many years practicing internal medicine in Phoenix before setting out to open his own practice. Dr. Aguirre enjoys all aspects of internal medicine but has a special interest in minimally invasive procedures. Over the course of the past 10 years, Dr. Aguirre has participated in the research and development of veterinary specific medical devices that have aided in the treatment of tracheal collapse, kidney stones, and a variety of gallbladder disorders in dogs and cats. In addition, Dr. Aguirre completed a sabbatical at Mayo Clinic in interventional endoscopy and endourology. Combining this experience, along with years of research and development, Dr. Aguirre is currently pioneering new endoscopic procedures and equipment for the treatment of urinary and gallbladder diseases in dogs and cats.
Dr. Aguirre specializes in interventional procedures that include removal of bladder and kidney stones, treatment of urinary incontinence, and correction of tracheal collapse. Dr. Aguirre performs minimally invasive laparoscopic procedures including liver, intestinal, and pancreatic biopsies, as well as, spays and neuters.
When not practicing, Dr. Aguirre can be found on the sidelines of soccer, basketball, hockey, and tennis cheering on his two young sons.